- Any patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the time of surgery
- Please wear loose fitting short sleeve shirt and comfortable clothing
- Please wear flat soled shoes like sneakers
- Please remove contact lenses, all jewelry, and watches before surgery
- Please remove fingernail polish on both index fingers
- Please brush your teeth and rinse thoroughly before surgery
- If prescribed medication at consultation, please take as directed prior to appointment. You may take this with no more than half a glass of water.
- Smoking must be avoided 24 hours before surgery and 24 hours after surgery
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, fever, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office as you may need to reschedule for your safety and health.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our office prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- Patients on Coumadin or Warfarin will be required to have an INR within 24 hours prior to surgery
- If you think you might be pregnant, please inform our office before your appointment.
PATIENTS HAVING IV SEDATION:
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK DAY OF SURGERY: including water and coffee. If you need to take medications please take them with no more than half a glass of water. Any questions, please call our office. We reserve the right to cancel or postpone surgery if any of the instructions are not followed.
- Please arrange for a ride to and from the office on the day of your surgery. Patient will not be able to drive home after surgery and operate machinery. PLEASE INFORM YOUR DRIVER THAT HE/SHE WILL NEED TO STAY IN THE RECEPTION ROOM DURING THE ENTIRE SURGERY. We suggest the driver bring some reading material.
- Please buy suggested foods to have on hand after your surgery.
- Please have a responsible adult at home to care for you on the day of surgery.
PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO SURGERY TIME